We Repair and Service All Brands
The hearing aid is an incredible little piece of technology. Even with their miniature size, they house a great deal of state-of-the-art components that perform advanced operations all day every day. But like all devices, they will on occasion require maintenance.
Fortunately, we repair and service all brands, models, and variety of hearing aids. Regardless of whether you purchased your device from us or not. No matter its condition or age, and we can do so right here from our office.
If your device requires a complex repair or for repairs covered by warranty, we can send your hearing aid directly to the manufacturer on your behalf.
Common Reasons Hearing Aids Fail
- Earwax – Often hearing aids simply require a thorough cleaning to bring them back to working order.
- Moisture – The electronic components of a hearing aid may be damaged if exposed to too much moisture such as from showers, sweat, or high humidity.
- Defect – Like many devices, failure may be caused by a manufacturers defect. Often this would be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
Hearing Aid Troubleshooting
Here are some common hearing aid fixes you can try at home to reduce the number repairs needed over the life of your hearing instruments:
- Check to ensure the device is on and volume is high enough
- Replace the battery / Ensure battery is properly inserted
- Clean away wax and debris (avoid detergents)
- Replace wax filter (if applicable)
- Inspect tubing of behind the ear (BTE) and receiver in canal (RIC) models for wear and tear
In-House Professional Repair Today
Despite your best efforts, all hearing aids will likely require repair at some point. Contact our office to set up an appointment or simply come down and see us. We understand how difficult it can be to go without a functioning hearing aid and because of this, walk-ins are always welcome.
How it works:
- Call or schedule online to make an appointment OR walk-in
- We’ll assess your hearing aid and inform you what needs to be repaired
- In many cases, we repair your hearing aid in office while you wait
It is our priority to put your hearing needs first and wish to help you as best as we can.
Preserve Your Hearing Today
with a Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Annual hearing tests will allow you to monitor your hearing health and be informed on any changes that may occur. Unnoticed hearing loss can have permanent negative repercussions and should not be taken lightly.
The sooner you are aware of hearing difficulties, the sooner you can take action.